Senior Manager of Production Planning, Facilities and Compliance
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Recruitment/Posting Title||Senior Manager of Production Planning, Facilities and Compliance|
|Job Category||Staff & Executive - Facilities/Environmental/Maintenance|
|Department||NJAES Food Innovation CtrSouth|
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrating a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Manager of Production Planning, Facilities and Compliance for the Food Innovation Center. This position reports to the Director of the Food Innovation Center and the Associate Director of Food Safety, Quality Assurance, and Training at the Food Innovation Center (FIC). Among the key duties are the following:
• Provides leadership for production planning, manufacturing, scale-up to commercialization, food safety, labor management, quality assurance and the associated steps to bring a food product to market. The candidate is responsible to interface with the entire management team at FIC, and be accountable to provide total business solutions for farmers, start-up companies and food processing clients that are served.
|Position Status||Full Time|
|Hours Per Week|
|Daily Work Shift||Day|
|Annual Minimum Salary||71384.000|
|Annual Mid Range Salary||90353.000|
|Annual Maximum Salary||109322.000|
|Union Description||Admin Assembly (MPSC)|
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
|Terms of Appointment||Staff - 12 month|
|Position Pension Eligibility||ABP|
|Minimum Education and Experience||
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biological Sciences; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the field.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities||
• Education and experience that demonstrates proficiency in food plant production, warehouse, quality, food lab operations and management of FDA / USDA interactions.
• Certifications in HACCP (USDA, FDA and Seafood) and Better Process Control School are preferred.
• Quality Assurance Laboratory: pH Meter, refractometer, water activity meter, moisture meter, scales, microbiology testing
|Physical Demands and Work Environment||
• Must be able to work extended hours in either a hot & humid environment or refrigerated rooms -15 to 50°F.
|Posting Open Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Regional Campus||Rutgers University-New Brunswick|
|Home Location Campus||Off Campus|
|Location Details||Bridgeton, NJ (Cumberland County)|
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is university policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. For additional information please see the Non-Discrimination Statement at the following web address: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/non-discrimination-statement
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application