Campus Cyberinfrastructure Engineer
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Recruitment/Posting Title||Campus Cyberinfrastructure Engineer|
|Job Category||Staff & Executive - Information Technology|
|Department||Advanced Research Computing|
The Rutgers University Office of Advanced Research Computing (OARC) was established in 2015 as a university-wide office to provide strategic Advanced Cyberinfrastructure (ACI) leadership to the research and education communities on all campuses of the university, coordinate technology investments in ACI and related expertise, and catalyze and nurture cyberinfrastructure-enabled multidisciplinary research. OARC aims at aimed at fostering a productive scientific and scholarly community of excellence in advanced computing and data-enabled science that empowers research, learning, and societal engagement. By reporting to both the Office of Research and Economic Development and the Office of Information Technology, OARC acts as a bridge between the research and IT communities. This commitment by the university lays the groundwork for establishing a sustainable, centralized advanced cyberinfrastructure (ACI) initiative at Rutgers University. This includes providing a scalable next generation ACI environment that leverages local, regional, national, and cloud resources, creating a powerful solution to not only meet the computing needs of industry, academia, and government, but to also create an environment conducive to facilitating innovative ideas.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Campus Cyberinfrastructure Engineer for the Office of Advanced Research Computing (OARC) is seeking a talented and goal-oriented Campus Cyberinfrastructure (CI) Engineer to join a new and exciting program at the university. Under general direction the CI Engineer
• Identifies network and end-to-end performance requirements of research groups and coordinates any design modifications and configuration changes needed to the research network, hardware, and/or software with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) network group and/or departmental/college IT group(s).
• Carries out network performance measurements to ensure that requirements have been met and that optimal or near-optimal utilization of the research network has been achieved.
• Works closely with OIT’s Telecommunications Department on designing, developing, and implementing university network resources that include external Internet and Internet2 connectivity, Science DMZs, the university’s core network infrastructure, the access and distribution layers of the campus network, and network equipment in research centers throughout the campus.
|Position Status||Full Time|
|Hours Per Week|
|Daily Work Shift||Day|
|Annual Minimum Salary||93958.000|
|Annual Mid Range Salary||118855.500|
|Annual Maximum Salary||143753.000|
|Union Description||Admin Assembly (MPSC)|
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
|Terms of Appointment||Staff - 12 month|
|Position Pension Eligibility||ABP|
|Minimum Education and Experience||
• Requires a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience plus six or more years of relevant work experience.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities||
• Must have significant experience working with campus networks.
• A master’s degree is strongly preferred.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment|
• This position will routinely be embedded for significant periods of time within research centers throughout the university in order to carry out the required functions.
|Posting Open Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Regional Campus||Rutgers University-New Brunswick|
|Home Location Campus||Busch (RU-New Brunswick)|
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is university policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. For additional information please see the Non-Discrimination Statement at the following web address: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/non-discrimination-statement
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of References